Here’s why we need your information and how we use it:
Name and contact information. How we use it and Why?
- To deliver your purchases: We are committed to fulfilling our contract of providing you with our services, which include delivery.
- Send you service messages by text, e-mail, such as order updates So you know when and how your order is coming.
- Sending you information by email, SMS about our new products, offers and services: To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission.
- Fraud prevention and detection: To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us.
- Showing you our adverts as your browse the web: To keep you up to date, so you can see our latest products and deals.
- Finding out what you, and other customers, like: To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition.
Your payment information. How we use it and Why?
- Take payment, and give refunds: We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you and deliver your order.
- Fraud prevention and detection : To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us.
Your contact history with us What you’ve said to us — for example, over the phone, on instant chat, or on social media. How we use it and Why?
- Provide customer service and support: To provide the best service that you expect from us.
Purchase history and wishlist items. What you’ve purchased and what you’ve stored in your basket or wishlist for later. How we use it and Why?
- Sell you our Items: So you can add items to your shopping bag and purchase them
- Provide customer service and support, and handle returns: We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
- Finding out what you, and other customers like: To ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition.
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website. Information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website . How we use it and Why?
- Improve our website and set default options: for you (such as language and currency). For the best and easiest shopping experience.
- Protect our website: To prevent and detect fraud against either you or us and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data Information from accounts you link to us.
What we do if you link your Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Google+ account to us. How we use it and Why?
- To enable you to like and share our products.
- To make it easier for you to use our website and like & share the items that you love.
- To provide product recommendations, so you can quickly spot things you like.
Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions. How we use it and Why?
- Run the survey, competition or promotion: We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you and select a winner.
While you are not required to give us any of this information, if you don’t you may not be able to use our website as it is intended and are unlikely to receive our best customer experience. We will hold onto your data for as long as you have your account or as long as we need to provide services to you. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you. We also anonymize and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
We will never sell any of your personal data to any third party, including name, address, email address or payment information. However, we do share your data with the following categories of companies, as part of the services we provide to you:
- Companies that enable us to sell and deliver your orders, such as payment service providers and delivery companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
With your approval, we send out regular marketing messages in the form of emails and SMS, to keep you aware of our news, promotions and collections. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe” link in any email or by contacting our Customer Service team.
Please note we work with a complex web of services, so you might get messages from us while we process your request and our systems get updated. Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
Like many other companies, we engage in online advertising, targeting banners and ads to you, while you are browsing other websites, using a variety of digital marketing networks and technologies such as pixels, cookies and identifiers. This includes social networks and their specific services, such as Facebook’s Custom Audiences. Banners and ads are targeted based on information available to us on you and your activity on our website.
We respect your privacy and ensure data protection. Here are your rights when it comes to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you and to request the correction of inaccuracies.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator.
If you’d like to exercise your rights or have a complaint, please contact our Customer Service team or email us at CostumerService@LKsBoutique.com
This policy refers to the cookies and website operated by LK's Boutique.
By using our website, you consent to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our website. Essential–these cookies are necessary for the proper use of our website. They enable basic functions and features such as “Add to Bag” or access to secure areas of the website. Preference –these cookies remember preferences like language or location for you, to make your shopping experience as seamless as possible. Analytical– these cookies allow us to measure and analyze how customers use the site, in order to improve functionality and shopping experience. Marketing–we use these cookies to deliver tailor made ads that are relevant to you. They also limit the number of times you see an ad and how you engage with the ad across publishers and third-party advertisers.
If you’d like to delete any cookies on your device, access the “help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected, and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.